Friday, January 26, 2007

Similarities in Creation Stories: Muslim Perspective

Group 3:
Janna, Daisy, Curtis
Similarities in Creation Stories: Muslim Perspective

Our group chose to answer this question from Muslim points of view, who believe in “Divine Revelation and not Human Speculation”. The Muslim people believe that western people are a product of evolution and live with no purpose. They also believe that Allah created man, they, the Muslims get there ideals from the Qur’an and Sunnah (a book of prophetic traditions). The Muslims believe that the idea of creation in other people’s views is similar because of ignorance. They believe that other people “couldn't grasp the idea of creation from nothingness”. They believe that all societies are similar because “inside each and every atom is Allah”. This means, from there view point, that everyone has apart of the Muslim belief in them.

There whole essence is that the purpose of live it to realize that we have a part of Allah inside ourselves. Becoming one with Allah, returning back to Allah in this sense. But this is in fact part of the teachings of shirk. Shaytan (Satan) has deluded man into this imagination. It is part of the belief of the Hindus. Nirvana, the concept that when you die, you are reborn again, and you move up in stages, each time, if you are a good boy or good girl, you go up higher and higher, until you get to the top. You know you have reached the peak, because when you die the next time you become one with the universal soul, Nirvana. That is the end of rebirth. So your whole purpose is to return and become one with God again. This is all, as I said, a product of the inability to understand the concept of creation from nothingness, which is unique to Allah.




10 comments:

briandill said...

This was an interesting read, however, I have to disagree with what the Muslims believe. The main idea being that Allah created everything. I definately believe that GOD created everything.

Rena' said...

I really do not know much about the Muslims but I disagree with the Muslims because I am Baptist and I believe that God created everything. Overall it was a interesting reading.

ashley j said...

That was an interested topic to choose. I just don't see how they believe in "allah" as their creator instead of god. Muslims religion is very different compared to my religion, but I can't judge another person religion. But your story was great, and I learned a great amount from it.

jan said...

Reply to Rena,
I am a Baptist as well. I believe in God to, but the word Allah means God its not that they do not believe that God created everything they just have a different name for Him. I do however disagree with there beliefs.

Sarah Sumrall said...

In your topic you said that Muslims thought that "other people couldn't grasp the idea of creation from nothingness." Does this mean that they believe the world was just here? I know you said Allah created man, but what about the world?

jan said...

Reply to Ashleyj,
Although they believe in Allah, that doesn't mean they do not believe in God. It's just another name for God. For you being so open minded to another person's religion is a very good trait. I'm that way to and sometimes people don't understand you I am so laid back when it come to the way people act or think, but if it wasn't for people like us the world would be a much worse place than what it is now.

Krista Walley said...

This was very interesting to be because I feel like in a few years, the muslim religion will be seen much more in the U.S. But, I totally disagree. The main thing I disagree with is that they think everyone has muslim in them. I know that's not true because I don't have muslim in me. I also believe that we have one chance on earth. If we don't make it to heaven when we die or when he comes back to get us, that will be it. He gives us time after time while we are here on earth to get everything right and if we don't that is our own fault. This group did a good job.

Nicole said...

This creation story was interesting, but i disagree with belief of Muslim. But i am a Christian and i believe that God created everything on earth.But they (Muslim) have their own beliefs.

Kyle said...

Like Jan said, I'm also laid back about letting other people have their religious ideas. I am a Baptist, and when I am asked my opinion, I give it--but only then. I believe that God created everything. I don't know much about the Muslims, but I think that Allah is their God, also. I disagree with most of their beliefs, but I believe God is in everyone and everything much as they believe Allah is in everyone and everything.

Kyle said...

I meant to say that Allah is their name for God like Jan said.